How long is this going to take?
It depends. It depends on the status of your system. It depends how much you’re willing to commit to. It depends if you want to remain active for the rest of your life. This is a neverending process. You could take it as far as you want to go.
Why do you gather so much information on us in the beginning?
We want to make the best informed decision about how we are going to create a plan for you. Your history is the biggest determining factor and how we are going to move forward.
I am in tremendous pain, can you help me?
This is not a pain modality. You should address your pain problems with a licensed pain professional. We are not Physical Therapists, Massage Therapists, or Chiropractors. We would consider what we do Strength Therapy. This process is a strength modality. It seems that potentially when weak tissue gets stronger it may alleviate pain symptoms in time.
What are the types of clients you see?
We have a number of different types of clients including
- Someone who has tried exercising but everytime they try they get injured or have pain symptoms.
- Someone who wants to exercise but does not know where to start and would rather have a professional guide them based off where their specific body is starting from.
- Athletes wanting to keep their body tuned up to optimize performance.
- Someone who has been in chronic pain and has tried every possible modality (recommended first) with no progress or relief.
- Someone who just wants to work in a private intimate setting with state of the art equipment and training techniques.
- Someone who can’t afford personal training but wants to take advantage of our more affordable Group X classes.
How soon can I start exercising?
I think what a lot of people don’t understand is that Muscle Activation Techniques™ is a form of exercise. We are applying very specific forces to the muscular system. Think of it as the beginning of exercise. As soon as your body can handle these specific and precise forces, then we will progress it to handle more.
Does this MAT™ stuff really matter? Can’t I just start exercising?
You absolutely can. The question I also had was How do you know what you’re doing is doing what it’s supposed to be doing? How do you know if you’re body is handling exercise correctly or is it potentially going to cause you problems? It seems that the “Personal” in personal training has been lost these days. We are not here to just do exercise. We are here to provide you with an exercise experience that is tailored to you and progressed accordingly to how your body is handling it. You’re body needs to tell us when it’s ready to move forward.